The November module for the Schoolhouse Planner is out: Amusing Mathematics. It's available from the Old Schoolhouse Store for $7.95. While the modules are designed so they can be used with the planner, they are actually stand-alone unit studies. This 48 page e-book is full of activities you can add to spice up your math studies and make them more amusing. Within its pages you will find:
- 14 pages of copywork, including quotes from Einstein and Galileo, and number writing practice for little ones with little rhymes to remind them of how to form the numbers
- 2 cool weather recipes
- 4 coloring pages
- addition and multiplication drills
- fun math jokes and riddles
- different currencies from around the world
- multiplication table practice and charts for multiplication families form 1 to 12
- a Sudoku challenge
- how to make your own pattern blocks and tangrams
- a few cool math tricks to impress your friends
- a list of websites for more resources
- and more!
Admittedly, there is nothing included in this module that I haven't encountered elsewhere and the riddles are as old as the hills, but it is nice to have it in one nice little package on my hard-drive instead under a dozen different bookmarked websites. It's ready to be taken out and printed as I wish on a rainy (or snowy) day. To order your pdf and have immediate access, click here.
To read reviews by other homeschoolers, click on the TOS Homeschool Crew banner below: